Fighting for Russia against the New World Order.

Showing posts with label Lavrov. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Lavrov. Show all posts

NATO Ready to Continue Dialogue on INF Treaty With Russia

Earlier in the day, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said that he did not rule out the possibility that the issue of the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces (INF) Treaty would be addressed at the upcoming talks between Russian President Vladimir Putin and his US counterpart Donald Trump.
NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg said after the NATO-Russia Council (NRC) meeting in Brussels on Wednesday that the alliance was ready to continue a dialogue on the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces (INF) Treaty with Russia.

"Allies and Russia… shared views on the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces (INF) Treaty," NATO said in a statement following the NRC meeting.




READ MORE: NATO, Russia 'Will Likely' Discuss INF Treaty Amid Bloc's War Games in Europe

In addition, Stoltenberg noted that all allies agreed that the INF treaty has been crucial to Euro-Atlantic security.

"We all agree that the INF Treaty has been crucial to Euro-Atlantic security… Allies urge Russia again… to ensure full compliance with the INF Treaty without delay. While we stand ready to continue dialogue on this issue with Russia, as an Alliance we are also committed to take effective measures to continue to ensure the safety and security of all Allies," Stoltenberg said.

Russia, on its part, said that INF treaty is important as a factor in maintaining European and global stability, Permanent Mission to NATO noted.  
 The NATO-Russia Council, which brings together the 29 Allies and Russia, met in Brussels on Wednesday to exchange views on a wide range of topics, including issues related to military activities, reciprocal transparency and risk reduction; the situation in and around Ukraine;

Afghanistan; and hybrid challenges. According to the statement released by NATO press service, NATO and Russia provided briefings on major exercises "in the spirit of transparency."

The council was established on May 28, 2002 and was effectively suspended by the alliance in 2014-2016 over the situation in Ukraine. The latest NATO-Russia Council meeting was held in late May at NATO headquarters in Brussels.

Source: https://sputniknews.com/world/201810311069397982-nato-russia-inf-treaty-cooperation/?fbclid=IwAR2vBB6Wqzap1_27RCI0AKNMm5KTg-i_Wpl5kPomKv3DYvfNdVmteYL1vBE
Share:

[Video] Russia starts delivering S-300 anti-aircraft system to Syria despite Israel’s objection

Russia starts delivering S-300 anti-aircraft system to Syria despite Israel’s objection




A Russian soldier stands beside a Russian S-300 long range surface-to-air missile system in Kubinka, Russia, August 21, 2018. (Photo by Bloomberg)
A Russian soldier stands beside a Russian S-300 long range surface-to-air missile system in Kubinka, Russia, August 21, 2018. (Photo by Bloomberg)

A senior Israeli official has admitted that Russia's delivery of S-300 anti-aircraft missile defense systems to Damascus will pose a serious "challenge" to the regime.

Tensions have been rising between Moscow and Tel Aviv following the downing of a Russian warplane in Syria this month.

Related: [Video] 'Lavrov's patience tested one time too many': Russian FM blasts Western policy in UN speech

The official, whose name was not released in the Sunday report by the Times of Israel, said Tel Aviv was working on "different ways" to deal with Russia's recent move.

“The S-300 is a complex challenge for ... Israel. We are dealing with the [decision] in different ways, not necessarily by preventing shipment [of the anti-aircraft systems],” he said.

The official said Israel enjoyed the US support and reserved the right to protect itself, without elaboration.



"[Russian President Vladimir] Putin made a move, but it's a big playing field and he understands that," the official said.

Moscow vowed to bolster Syria’s air defense capabilities by sending modern S-300 surface-to-air missile systems to the Arab country within two weeks after the recent accidental downing of a Russian Il-20 reconnaissance aircraft.

The aircraft was shot down by Syrian air defenses while they were responding to a wave of Israeli airstrikes.

Russia's decision to provide Syria with the S-300 system infuriated Israel, with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu describing it as “irresponsible.”

Related: Israeli Media in Total PANIC over Russian transfer of S-300 to Syria

Netanyahu told Putin in a phone conversation that Israel "will continue to do what it has to do to defend itself."

Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said on Friday Russia has already started delivering the S-300 system to Syria as part of efforts to ensure the safety of Russian forces in the Arab country.

The Russian plane with 15 servicemen on board disappeared from radars on September 17 as four Israeli F-16 warplanes were attacking state institutions in Syria’s Latakia Province, which is home to Russia-run Hmeimim airbase.

Related: Russia Warns West Against New Strikes in Syria Under Far-Fetched Pretexts

Russia’s Defense Ministry held Israel responsible for the incident, saying the regime’s warplanes “created a dangerous situation” that led to the downing of the Russian aircraft by Syria’s S-200 missile defense system.

Israel frequently attacks military targets in Syria in what is considered as an attempt to prop up militant groups that have been suffering heavy defeats against Syrian government forces.

Source: https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2018/09/30/575638/Israel-Russia-Syria-missile
Share:

[Video] 'Lavrov's patience tested one time too many': Russian FM blasts Western policy in UN speech

If the US cares as much about the concept of sovereignty as President Donald Trump claims, it should stop interfering in the affairs of other countries, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov says.

Statements by top US officials clearly show which country is actually interfering in the affairs of other nations, Lavrov said during a press conference on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly on Friday.

Related: Russia Warns West Against New Strikes in Syria Under Far-Fetched Pretexts

The foreign minister cited Kurt Volker, the US special representative for Ukraine, as an example.
“It would be fine if Volker talked about reconciliation in Ukraine. All he talks about is how Russia is to blame for everything,” Lavrov said.

“And then he takes the liberty of saying things like ‘Russian people deserve freedom’ – that’s the US special representative for Ukraine speaking – ‘And the Ukrainian experience should inspire Russian people.’”
"You can probably figure out from this who is calling for meddling and who isn’t."
If the US actually took seriously its own statements about countries worldwide being sovereign, it would be a very welcome development, the Russian foreign minister stated, reflecting on Trump’s speech at the UN General Assembly.


“Trump, among other things, stated that he firmly backs the sovereignty of each nation in the world; I strongly support this,” Lavrov said.

Related: How the UN Joined America’s War Against Syria by Eric Zuesse

“If the US is adhering that much to sovereignty as the basic principle, one maybe shouldn’t tamper with the affairs of other countries.”

Related: Trump to U.N.: "We Reject the Ideology of Globalism"

Source: https://www.rt.com/news/439906-lavrov-us-sovereignty-meddling/




Share:

Russia Warns West Against New Strikes in Syria Under Far-Fetched Pretexts


Previously, Moscow stated that terrorists in the rebel-held Syrian city of Idlib attempted to carry out provocations with the use of chemical weapons in order to create a pretext for international strikes against Syrian government forces.

Related: Israel’s Failed Attempt to Start WWIII Is the Beginning of the End in Syria
 
Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov has warned Western countries against new strikes on Syria. He also mentioned possible provocations with the use of biological weapons, noting that constructive dialogue between Moscow and Washington is needed in order to strengthen the non-proliferation regime.

"There's an alarming situation regarding the issue of chemical disarmament. First of all, this is in connection with the actions of a number of Western states accusing the Syrian authorities with more and more unsubstantiated allegations of using banned chemical agents. We warn [the West] against new strikes on the territory of the Syrian Arab Republic under another staged pretext," Lavrov said at a UN Security Council meeting.

READ MORE: Russia's S-300 Will be Able to Close Parts of Syrian Airspace — Moscow

Previously, US President Donald Trump stated that the US would respond if chemical weapons are deployed by the Syrian government.

Earlier this year, a coalition, led by Washington, carried out a series of airstrikes against Syrian forces following an alleged chemical weapons attack by the government in the city of Douma. Damascus denied the accusations, while Moscow stated that the whole attack was a false flag operation, staged by anti-government militants.

Source: https://sputniknews.com/world/201809261068361943-syria-new-strikes-us-eu/


Share:

Murder of Donbass leader committed with help of Western intelligence services - DPR acting head

Murder of Donbass leader committed with help of Western intelligence services - DPR acting head

Murder of Donbass leader committed with help of Western intelligence services - DPR acting head
The assassination of Aleksandr Zakharchenko, the leader of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic, was committed with the help of western intelligence services, the republic’s acting head said. 
 
One person has been detained as part of an investigation into the murder of Aleksandr Zakharchenko, the acting head of the DPR Denis Pushilin said on Saturday.

Pushilin stated that the detained person is “an agent of Ukraine’s Security Service (SBU)”, adding that SBU was involved in Zakharchenko's assassination. DPR investigators analyzed the remains of the explosive device that killed Zakharchenko and identified technology that hadn’t previously been used by SBU, he said.

 
“This gives us an understanding that the terrorist attack was committed with the assistance of Western intelligence services,” he added.

Earlier in September, Russia’s Federal Security Service (FSB) accused Ukrainian intelligence services of being behind the explosion that killed Zakharchenko.

Moscow condemned the murder of the 42-year old, saying that the incident may jeopardize the peace process in the east of the country. “Given the current situation, it’s impossible to talk about the nearest meetings in the Normandy format like many of our European partners would have wanted,” Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said. “It is a serious situation that must be analyzed. We are doing it right now.”

Zakharchenko was killed by an explosion in a cafe in the eastern Ukrainian city of Donetsk in late August. He had headed the DPR since November 2014, when a crisis broke out in Ukraine following a coup d’etat that ousted President Viktor Yanukovych.

READ MORE: 'The city is orphaned': 120,000 mourners bid farewell to murdered Donbass leader in Donetsk (PHOTOS)

Hours after Zakharchenko’s killing, the SBU released a statement, rejecting all allegations of its involvement in the incident. According to the service’s spokeswoman, the blast was probably caused by infighting in the Donetsk Republic.

Source: https://www.rt.com/news/438513-donbass-leader-assasination-donetsk/
Share: